Mediumship with Karen Hollis
Karen Hollis is a professional clairaudient intuitive psychic/medium who makes her living by speaking with the dead and connecting them with their loved ones! Karen does private readings, in her office in Rocky Hill, CT and by phone. Karen believes that it is through the grace of the divine that she is able to do this sacred work. She has lectured extensively on the subject of mediumship and the paranormal. Her client base spans the globe from Milan Italy, to Osaka Japan. Karen became fascinated with the subject of life beyond death when she discovered that she was able to hear Spirits, and communicate with them. She was born a natural empath, and is considered a professional in the paranormalinvestigative field with over thirty years of experience. Over the years, Ms. Hollis has been asked to work with law enforcement to find missing persons, and to solve cases that have gone cold. She proficient in mediumship, psychometry, remote viewing, graphoanalysis, and palmistry. Karen is a master tarot reader and can also read a regular deck of playing cards.
Most recently, Ms. Hollis had the privilege of studying mediumship extensively with four International Mediums as a part of "International Mediumship Week" which took place at Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, N.Y. Each of these International Mediums were amazing in their own right. Each gave of their knowledge tirelessly in order to help Karen hone her skills to better connect the living with the dead, and for this she has expressed deep gratitude for their gracious gift of knowledge.
Karen has been a featured medium on Discovery channel's Destination America show "A Haunting." She is the psychic/medium for G.O.N.E.R.S. (Ghosts of New England Research Society).
In her role as a team member of Ghosts of New England Research Society, Ms. Hollis is the bridge between the evidence collected and explanation!
You can find out more about Karen's participation with the Ghosts of New England Research Society at their website.
Your expectations in a mediumship session
To All Clients Who Wish to Speak With Their Loved Ones Who Have Passed On
- I am an Evidential Medium, and I will attempt to give you evidence in the form of communication with your loved one to bring you peace in your heart and in theirs.
- It is through the Grace of God that I am able to do what I do!
- I work for God, but I am not God, so please don't expect me to be perfect at connecting heaven and earth.
- All I can do is the best that I can do
- People don't change after they pass away. If they were quiet in life they will be quiet in death.
- If your loved one would not visit a psychic/medium when they were alive, they may refuse to come to me once they have crossed over.
- Hopefully, you will hear from the person you most want to hear from, but that is not always the case.
- Some of you will say, I will know if Karen is REAL if she says this: "magic word," or "mentions this photo," or whatever… Please, don't put that kind of pressure on Spirit, yourself, or me!
- I work for Spirit, (the dead), to bring through messages that Spirit, (the dead), need to convey, and sometimes that is not what you (who are living) may need or want to hear.
- I know many of you are grieving a tremendous loss, and of course I honor your loss, but I need feedback to know if you understand the references that Spirit is referring to in your session.
- Please have that person's name and date of birth available to me at the start of our session.
- If I give you a name, it doesn't have to be someone who is passed on. It may be an acknowledgement of or message to someone who is alive.
- If you did not know the person well enough in this lifetime, you may not understand the information being conveyed.
- I hear, (clairaudience), see, (clairvoyance), and feel, (clairsentience), the information so if I am not looking directly at you I am not trying to be rude. I am "in the zone" as it were…
- Please don't "feed me" the information. I have been doing this work for over 37 years. An enthusiastic "yes" or "no" is sufficient.
- What you "see on television" is a complete fabrication of events designed to entertain and tell a story. Events frequently do not occur like that and are depicted differently from the way they actually happened. Live medium-ship means that I will be wrong, mistaken or incorrect on occasion.
More about Karen's mediumship for clients is here.
What is Mediumship?
A medium is a person whose senses are so acute that they register the presence of beings belonging to the non-physical world, and interpret the wishes and information which such beings desire to impart to people still in the body in this physical world.
There are various happenings that may result from contact with the spirit world, feelings such as cold or drafts, transportation of objects, seeing of colors or floating lights or even the apparition of the deceased person. Sight is known as clairvoyance or sometimes referred to as second sight. Clairaudience means clear hearing, which can come as an audible perception of music, voice or calling of a name Mediums may go Into trance-state and speak other languages. It is also possible for the medium to write, paint pictures, diagnose illness or send healing energies (similar to Reiki).
It is important for the developing medium to remember that the spirit messages are interpreted by the mediums consciousness. Therefore the spirit entity will use the mental facilities that the medium possesses. As one continues to develop, the medium will realize the different qualities of the spirit messages and will learn to develop a more acute state of awareness to decipher the difference between the message from the spirit and their own mind.
Recognition of Mediumship
Some mediums see spirits as physical forms, but it is necessary to know that it is not the physical eye that is the center of psychic vision. it is within the forehead referred to as the third eye and usually (but not necessarily) seen when the physical eyes are closed.
A clairvoyant vision is generally discerned when ordinary consciousness is at rest. Sometimes it will be seen as a complete figure or the face of the spirit or it may be a nebulous form that seems to be hidden in a cloudy substance. Many times it is beautiful scenery and intensely colored symbols that seem to be swirling in the head of the medium. This experience of inward consciousness may seem to be merely imaginary, but when the sitter aclmowledges it, the medium knows that he or she has experienced spirit communication. As the medium continues to worrk, the sublets between imagination and clairvoyant communication are recognized.
Each medium will develop a personal vocabulary of symbols. Keeping a journal of definitions is advisable. The medium will experience different feelings than other mediums with certain symbols or colors. Examine your own feelings as a symbol or color reveals itself.
Mediums do not always recognize when they are awak
enlng the facility of hearing. They are expecting to hear an audible loud voice. Sometimes this will happen: Occasionally It will be musical and other times it will be impressions. A name or a word will keep coming to mind or music that is symbolic of a particular occasion such as The Wedding March. As the medium becomes increasingly sensitive there will be a distInct feeling coming into consciousness. Mediums will be able to develop discernment between memories and spirit messages.
A wave of a scent of roses fills the air or the smell of chocolate fills the room. The medium is being given a message by the communicator that is helping to identify the spirit by creating a scent within the medium's faculties. Karen's ability to pick up these signals is one reason why she asks all of her clients to not wear heavy perfume so that she may pick up these messages.
During the sitting the medium will experience the taste of Grandma's meatloaf or grandpa's scotch. The medium will be able to to taste some of the loved ones favorite foods.