Your expectations in a mediumship session
To All Clients Who Wish to Speak With Their Loved Ones Who Have Passed On
Please note: I do not need the remains or personal effects of the deceased in order to contact them.
- I am an Evidential Medium, and I will attempt to give you evidence in the form of communication with your loved one to bring you peace in your heart and in theirs.
- It is through the Grace of God that I am able to do what I do!
- I work for God, but I am not God, so please don't expect me to be perfect at connecting heaven and earth.
- All I can do is the best that I can do
- People don't change after they pass away. If they were quiet in life they will be quiet in death.
- If your loved one would not visit a psychic/medium when they were alive, they may refuse to come to me once they have crossed over.
- Hopefully, you will hear from the person you most want to hear from, but that is not always the case.
- Some of you will say, I will know if Karen is REAL if she says this: "magic word," or "mentions this photo," or whatever… Please, don't put that kind of pressure on Spirit, yourself, or me! In many cases, the communication between those who have passed is symbolic and the English language has many words for the same thing.1
- I work for Spirit, (the dead), to bring through messages that Spirit, (the dead), need to convey, and sometimes that is not what you (who are living) may need or want to hear.
- I know many of you are grieving a tremendous loss, and of course I honor your loss, but I need feedback to know if you understand the references that Spirit is referring to in your session.
- Please have that person's name and date of birth available to me at the start of our session.
- If I give you a name, it doesn't have to be someone who is passed on. It may be an acknowledgement of or message to someone who is alive.
- If you did not know the person well enough in this lifetime, you may not understand the information being conveyed. If you had never met the person, you cannot provide any authentication that the evidence brought forward is true. Please ask to speak only to people you knew when they were alive.
- I hear, (clairaudience), see, (clairvoyance), and feel, (clairsentience), the information so if I am not looking directly at you I am not trying to be rude. I am "in the zone" as it were…
- Please don't "feed me" the information. I have been doing this work for over 37 years. An enthusiastic "yes" or "no" is sufficient.
- What you "see on television" is a complete fabrication of events designed to entertain and tell a story. Events frequently do not occur like that and are depicted differently from the way they actually happened. Live mediumship means that I will be wrong, mistaken or incorrect on occasion.
1Karen has successfully connected with persons who did not speak English when they were alive. Much of the communication, being symbolic, comes through very clearly as a result. Karen knows a few words in Polish, but she does not speak any language other than English.
As an example, you and your sister may make a pact that the one who passes first will come back and speak to you. In our example, your magic word is "bunny." So your sister predeceases you and you go to Karen for a session. Karen uses a technique with the departed where she will hold out her hand and ask the person to place something in her hand that is meaningful to the person sitting in front of her. So your sister places a bunny in her hand and Karen looks it in her mind's eye and says, "rabbit." This is how the symbolic communication works—the correct symbol is there but the first word Karen thinks of to describe the symbol is not the agreed-upon word. Nonetheless, the message has been passed and the evidence Karen brought forward was accurate.